Bethel Christian Academy - Grades: Pre-K- 5th
Valid for NEW student enrollment only. Not valid for siblings of current
students. May only be used for the 2021-2022 academic school year. Registration fees, book fees, lunches, classroom fees, sports & uniform fees, building fees, textbook and technology fees, and any extra-curricular fess are not included. Applicants are subject to interview, testing and admission requirements. Not valid with any other offers or promotions.
Bethel Christian Academy is a private, Christian school located in Parma, Ohio. It began as a preschool and daycare center in 1967. In 1975, Kindergarten through 6th grade were added and the school was officially founded. Seventh grade was added in 2004, and 8th grade in 2005. Though the school no longer has a daycare, a Pre-Kindergarten class for 3 year olds was added in 2014. Currently, the school consists of Pre-K3 through 8th grade and serves around 160 students. While Bethel Christian Academy is a ministry of Bethel Christian Church, an Assemblies of God church, it does not turn away students because of their religious background. The school currently has students from several Protestant denominations as well Catholic, Muslim, and those who do not attend church. BCA strives to show the love of Christ to everyone without exception. Bethel Christian Academy is state chartered and a member of ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International.) BCA strives to meet and exceed state standards in every subject while integrating Biblical teaching into daily instruction. It is our desire that our students will get a great education, but also develop an "undivided heart" toward the things of God!
Our school verse is: Teach me your way, Lord, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. - Psalm 86:11-12
What is our Vision?
At Bethel Christian Academy, we are "Raising up students of integrity who love God and love others through academic excellence from a biblical perspective."
Students of Integrity:
- Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
- Proverbs 4:25-27 - Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you. Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways. Do not turn to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil.
- Hebrews 13:18 - Pray for us. We are sure that we have a clear conscience and desire to live honorably in every way.
Students who love God:
- Matthew 22:36-38 - “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment.
- Psalm 119:10-12 - I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Praise be to you, Lord; teach me your decrees.
- Romans 12:1-2 - Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Students who love others:
- Matthew 22:39 - And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
- John 13:34 - A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
- Proverbs 11:12-13 - Whoever derides their neighbor has no sense, but the one who has understanding holds their tongue. A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy person keeps a secret.
What do we believe?
We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible and authoritative word of God. We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life; and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is able to live a godly life.
At Bethel Christian Academy, we know how important it is that our students get a Christian perspective throughout their education. Our teachers include Biblical Integration in their lesson plans each week and connect their lessons to God and His Word often. Teachers are encouraged to supplement their regular McGraw Hill curriculum with A Beka curriculum when possible to help students to learn the content from a biblical perspective. Many times throughout the day teachers will make connections between their lessons and God and will also pray for and with students often. It is also important that our students receive an excellent education. It is our goal that BCA students are at the top of their class when they reach high school. One way we do that is by teaching above the state standards to challenge students through rigorous coursework beginning in kindergarten.